Iron Sharpens Iron Questions
“We have entrusted the care of the inner life of persons to experts who understand their role primarily in problem solving and therapeutic terms. While counselors and therapists have an important role to play in restoring wholeness that has been lost, spiritual friends have an equally important role in helping others become all they were intended to be.” – David Brenner, Sacred Companions
- Where have I sensed light in my life?
- What fruit have I noticed god producing in my life?
- For what have I been grateful?
- What has been a significant source of joy for me lately?
- What do I think God has been trying to say to me in recent weeks?
- How has God been present to me lately?
- What is a gift I see in another that prompts me to praise God?
- What spiritual practices have been particularly meaningful?
- What promise of God do I need most right now?
- What is the story I tell myself most often about my life/community/church/job/family?
- What is telling myself this story costing me? How is telling myself this story blessing me?
- Where have i sensed darkness in my life?
- What fruit have I noticed is missing from my life?
- What has been a source of temptation for me?
- What is making me sad right now?
- What most frustrates me right now?
- What doubts do I have in my life right now?
- What resentment do I carry today?
- When did God seem to be absent?
- What spiritual practices have been dry, disheartening, or absent in my life?
- What is a gift I sense God prompting me to employ?
- What is my contribution to the very thing I complain about?
- What is absent from the world around me that could become present through me?
- What have I said no to that I need to say yes?
- What have I said yes to that I need to say no?
- Who do I need to forgive?
- Who do I need to bless?
- What neglected idea, dream or goal in my life do I need to resurrect?
- What area of my life needs the first fruits of my energy right now?
- If I had six months to live, how would I spend my time?
- If I could write my own eulogy, what would I want to say?