In-Person Worship Temporarily on Hold
Out of concern for the well-being of our community and our congregation, we will be worshiping only online, and not in person, on Sunday, Nov. 22 and Sunday, Nov. 29. The service will stream live at 9:30 am on our YouTube channel and will be available anytime after that. We will reassess the situation continually to make future scheduling decisions and will communicate here accordingly. In addition, our offices and buildings are closed for the time being. Use the website to contact us anytime and, please, stay safe!
Worship Update: Back to the Building
Following our extended run of outdoor and online worship services, we will be resuming Sunday morning worship assemblies inside the building beginning Sunday, October 4. Of course, we will also continue streaming on our YouTube channel. Here are the main details and guidelines to know:
- For now, we will have one worship service at 9:30 am in the auditorium, with overflow space available in Fellowship Central
- We will practice social distancing in worship by sitting in every other row
- For the safety and protection of others, face coverings will be required while inside the building, including during worship service, for all adults and children in 1st grade and up.
- We continue to ask you to bring your own communion
- Creation Station and worship nurseries will be closed for the time being
- If you have a fever or other symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who does, please stay home and join us online
- Worship will be streamed live at 9:30 am and available to view anytime after that
To read a note from our Elders regarding the spiritual principles underlying our Covid-19 plans, CLICK HERE.
To see the full set of current guidelines for upcoming indoor worship services, CLICK HERE.
We continue to phase back into hosting various classes, events, and groups in our buildings. For the time being, those decisions are being evaluated and scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Please call 405.478.0166 with any questions.
As with all plans right now, those above are flexible. They can and will be modified as circumstances and resultant evaluations necessitate changes. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility!
August 3, 2020
Latest COVID-19 Plans
As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation, we have decided that, for the months of August and September, we will forgo worship services in the building. Instead, we will offer one Sunday morning worship service outside in the east parking lot at 8:30 am. This outdoor service will be streamed live on our YouTube channel at 8:30 and available to view anytime after that. We are asking participants to use the following guidelines for our outdoor services:
- Bring your own lawn chairs and communion
- Practice social distancing
- Use waves instead of handshakes and hugs
- In the event of rain, services will be online only: live at 8:30 am and available anytime afterwards
For the time being, our offices are open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, with ministers available by appointment. Call 405.478.0166 to schedule an appointment or email us. Other activities and events in our buildings are being evaluated and scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Please call with any questions.
- We will continue to encourage our elderly and vulnerable population, or any who do not feel comfortable in these environments, not to attend in-person services.
- As with all plans right now, those above are flexible. They can and will be modified as circumstances and evaluations necessitate changes.
March 25, 2020
Church Offices & Buildings Closed, Activities Suspended for the time being
Our staff members are complying with the governor’s stay-at-home directives and are working from their homes. Our office is not open, but we are still ready to serve you. You can call 405-406-9079 to reach someone or on our website, mrcc.org, you can also find direct contact information for each staff member, and you can find forms to fill out to let us know if you have needs during this time. We are continuing to receive mail, so you can continue to send items to us that way too.
We are praying and ready to serve our community during this difficult time.
March 16, 2020
Schedule Update – March 15
In light of the ongoing coronavirus crisis, we have prayerfully decided it will be in the best interest of our congregation and our community to cancel all services, classes, and activities on Sunday, March 15 and for the rest of the upcoming week.
Please continue to stay informed and to follow the CDC’s best practices as we work limit the spread of the disease. We will keep you informed as future decisions are made. Take care and God bless.