While in-person classes and activities remain suspended for the time being, we plan to reopen services gradually in a two-phase process. Phase 1 will be an outdoor parking lot service (weather permitting). Phase 2 will see us move to modified service offerings inside the building. We will also continue to provide an online service each week.
On May 31 and June 7, we plan to offer live worship services in or near the east parking lot. In order to make the service as safe as possible, we will encourage attendees to bring their own chairs and communion supplies, and to maintain social distancing throughout the service. We also encourage our elderly and vulnerable population, or any who do not feel comfortable in this environment, to not attend this service.
After two weeks of outdoor services, we plan to begin offering two slightly different worship services in the building.
- We’ll offer a 10:00 am service in the auditorium for young adults, families with teenagers, and adults with no children.
- We’ll also offer a 9:30 am service in Fellowship Central for families with preschool or elementary children. (Since we won’t have Bible classes for a while, this service in Fellowship Central will include some elements designed to engage children and their families. It will be kid-aware, but not kid-centric.) We will ask all families with children from infants to elementary school to attend this service.
- We will continue to encourage our elderly and vulnerable population, or any who do not feel comfortable in these environments, not to attend these services.
- As with all plans right now, these are flexible. They can and will be modified as circumstances and evaluations necessitate changes.
- You can view additional details and guidelines for the above plans by CLICKING HERE.